Wesley focuses his practice on startups, entrepreneurship, general business law, and employment law. Having started his own business, Wesley provides businesses throughout South Carolina with practical guidance and resources to navigate the legal and business landscape. Driven by his interest in small businesses, Wesley’s passion to help your business succeed drives him to provide innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Wesley graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College. He attended the University of South Carolina School of Law where he was awarded the Justice J.B. Ness Scholarship. He is a South Carolina Bar Certified Mediator.
Wesley and his wife, Mary Katherine, live in West Ashley with their sons and chocolate lab. He enjoys playing golf and basketball, and is an avid Terrier and Gamecock sports fan. His wife attended Clemson and currently works as an R.N. When these two are not working, they can be found spending their free time with friends and family.
- Wofford College, 2007, Magna Cum Laude
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2010, JB Ness Scholarship Recipient
Community & Honors
- Selected as a “Go-To Lawyers – Business Law” for 2021
- Leadership in Law, 2020 Award Winner, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly
- Driving for Downs, A South Carolina Nonprofit Corporation, Founder, Chairman
- Salvation Army, Advisory Board Member
- “Business Formation,” Charleston Bar Association, CLE Presenter for Fundamentals of the Practice of Law. October 2018
- “Negotiating Physician Contracts,” American College of Cardiology. September 2018
- “Legal for Creatives,” Podcast Interview by Mallory Whitfield, July 2018, https://www.badasscreatives.com/podcast/episode-036-legal-basics-for-creative-business-owners-wesley-henderson
- “Legal Issues for Small Businesses,” SCORE, May 2017
- “Business Law for Startups,” SCORE, August 2016
- “Legal for Small Businesses,” Small Business Week, May 2016
- “Employment Law for Small Businesses”, State Farm, March 2015
- “Joint Venture Agreements”, Charleston County, May 2015
- “Law for Inventors”, MakeLab, April 2015
- “Business Succession Planning,” Edward Jones Conference, June 2015
- “Legal Tips for Businesses,” Legal and Tax Considerations, SCORE, August 2015