Wesley is a husband, father, business attorney, employment lawyer and entrepreneur. He focuses his practice on startups, entrepreneurship, general business law, business litigation, partnership disputes, and employment law. Having started his own businesses (Henderson & Henderson, Driving for Downs, Inc, and Drafted Legal), Wesley provides businesses throughout South Carolina with practical guidance and resources to navigate the legal and business landscape.
As a believer in localism, Wesley is particularly driven by helping those small and medium-sized businesses — which he believes provide the best services and do the most good in our communities.
Wesley graduated magna cum laude from Wofford College. He attended the University of South Carolina School of Law where he was awarded the Justice J.B. Ness Scholarship. He is a South Carolina Bar Certified Mediator.
Wesley and his wife, Mary Katherine, live in West Ashley with their 3 sons and chocolate lab. Wesley spends most of his free time with his family (a.k.a. trying to keep up with his 3 boys) or playing golf with his friends.
- Wofford College, 2007, Magna Cum Laude
- University of South Carolina, J.D., 2010, JB Ness Scholarship Recipient
Community & Honors
- 40 Under 40, Charleston Regional Business Journal, 2021
- Go-To Business Lawyer, Recipient, Business Journal, 2021
- Leadership in Law, Award Winner, South Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2020
- Driving for Downs, A South Carolina Nonprofit Corporation, Founder, Chairman
- Salvation Army, Advisory Board Member – Vice Chair
- “Business Formation,” Charleston Bar Association, CLE Presenter for Fundamentals of the Practice of Law. October 2018
- “Negotiating Physician Contracts,” American College of Cardiology. September 2018
- “Legal for Creatives,” Podcast Interview by Mallory Whitfield, July 2018, https://www.badasscreatives.com/podcast/episode-036-legal-basics-for-creative-business-owners-wesley-henderson
- “Legal Issues for Small Businesses,” SCORE, May 2017
- “Business Law for Startups,” SCORE, August 2016
- “Legal for Small Businesses,” Small Business Week, May 2016
- “Employment Law for Small Businesses”, State Farm, March 2015
- “Joint Venture Agreements”, Charleston County, May 2015
- “Law for Inventors”, MakeLab, April 2015
- “Business Succession Planning,” Edward Jones Conference, June 2015
- “Legal Tips for Businesses,” Legal and Tax Considerations, SCORE, August 2015